• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SERVER SETUP
Hi Guys

i have this cracked version on 2 pcs, 1 for me and 1 for my 7yr old

i have tried everything i can think of to get a server setup for just our use, as i dont want to expose a 7yr old to the full online experiance just yet.
i still cannot see/join either pc when set up a dedicated/non dedicated session,
they do not show up on the unnofficial list or non dedicated list or even the LAN list

please help a upset little 7 year old that wants to play with his dad :-)

thanks  Big Grin
Thanks given by:
did you try make a bat file to run server via finding the files in the client folder ArkGameData/ShooterGame/Binaries/Win64/ will contain ShooterGameServer.exe you can make a .bat file and run a server from it http://ark-survival-evolved.wikia.com/wi...rver_Setup   ignore the part where you download the files you already have them so its cool#

if your unsure how to make a working bat file heres mine: https://mega.nz/#!LklHHKxL!GjtZJiOLl3wMX...iqAXNiC7VU

also do note a server can take 5-10 minutes to fully load and maybe if you still dont see it in lan try put int custom server section 127.0.0.1:27015   in launcher and select custom server on the pc you host the server on, and the harder thing that you now have to do is get your lan ip and of the pc of the server and then in your sons launcher in custom section put your lanip:27015 in custom server section, also you might have to go to start menu on your pc type in firewall and select allow a program through windows firewall then click on add a new program and navigate to ShooterGameServer.exe
Thanks given by: dazzler33d
Hi Kappa

thanks for yoour reply

followed all instructions to set the server, i tried with your batch file first as a test, looking at all progress it seems the server starts up no problems (cmd screen)
followed all instructions to open ports on my router.

started game normally, after 20 mins af refreshing servers on all sections (official,unofficial,LAN ect) still no sign of server

shootergameserver.exe allowed through firewall

what am i doing wrong ?

we can join other severs that show in the list and play together on them but we dont want to rely on the other server staying up , we want to be able to play together and keep all things we get/tame

any further help would be appreciated
Thanks given by:
did u try use the launcher to connect directly via ip:port, see when i host a local server it shows up instantly, maybe enable upnp at router
Thanks given by:
(08-25-2017, 10:34 AM)dazzler33d Wrote: Hi Guys

i have this cracked version on 2 pcs, 1 for me and 1 for my 7yr old

i have tried everything i can think of to get a server setup for just our use, as i dont want to expose a 7yr old to the full online experiance just yet.
i still cannot see/join either pc when set up a dedicated/non dedicated session,
they do not show up on the unnofficial list or non dedicated list or even the LAN list

please help a upset little 7 year old that wants to play with his dad :-)

thanks  Big Grin

I had to forward ports: 27015 and 27016 plus 7777 and it worked fine.
Thanks given by:
you shouldnt need to port forward if your accessing it by lan ip, might need upnp on though
Thanks given by:
(08-30-2017, 07:33 AM)Kappa Wrote: you shouldnt need to port forward if your accessing it by lan ip, might need upnp on though

my router firewall blocks ports unless forwarded even with upnp on, maybe he has the same problem. Also, if you are using raw sockets to connect directly with ASM, bypassing STEAM connection, you'll need to forward 7777 + 7778 

Thanks given by:
how invite friend to my computer server (lan) ... *? tnx
Thanks given by:
Port forward or use programs such as hamachi
Thanks given by:
(02-02-2018, 05:53 AM)OwnProx Wrote: Port forward or use programs such as hamachi
ok i make dedicate server ,change  steam file number 31.... to  480 port .... and run server with ark maneger ,with ports 7777 and 27015 ...  its run and looks good..  if i start singel game from ark luncher and go to LAN servers and i can join my server , and play normal... 

now i want invite friend ... and i cant find admin maneger in ark game ,i see on youtube when run game and press esc button ,u can see there in menu INVITE FRIENDS button... and  admin server panel ... but i dont see anyting ..   its maby i yoin my server like a USER not ADMIN ?? ... 

ok and about inviting friends ... in your ark luncher u have green + button for add own lan/dedicate server .....
i add name of my server and  ip:port  but when i run server with this + button i get error in game 
NETWORK FAILURE MESSAGE :: Unable to query server info for invite. 

i test with  ip:ports  7777,7778,27015 and 27020
in maneger i have setup port to 7777 and second query port to 27015.

any solution? thank you  
roberto
Thanks given by: