• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Play LAN
Hello,

Can anyone please tell me if it's possible to host my own server on my computer and play with my friend ? I think thats what LAN means ?
Anyone know how to do this here ?
Thanks given by:
(10-01-2017, 01:18 AM)yankster Wrote: Hello,

Can anyone please tell me if it's possible to host my own server on my computer and play with my friend ? I think thats what LAN means ?
Anyone know how to do this here ?

Hi,
I currently run Ark through a LAN. First you must have a router/modem. The router must have more than 1 connection, one for you and one for your friend. Once you have established that, run Ark. I use Ark v.269 as there seems to be problems with 270.271. Once within Ark, select "HOST\LOCAL". Once within "HOST\LOCAL", select "RUN DEDICATED SERVER". a pop-up will appear whereas you can create a "SERVER PASSWORD", "ADMIN PASSWORD" and a "SESSION NAME". Even though you might be running this from home, it's always a good idea to create the passwords. Once complete, click "ACCEPT" on the bottom right corner. This will begin the start process of your dedicated server within a console window as you will see. Server start-up completion can be identified at the bottom line within the server console window as it will have identified how many core(s) your CPU is running. Once you see this you'll know your dedicated server is ready for action. Please note that the server could take some time depending on the type of system you are running.

You will have to launch ark again in order for you to play within the server you've created. Launch Ark, select "JOIN ARK". This will open "SESSION LIST". Within "SESSION LIST" top middle page, select "ALL MAPS" for "MAP". On the bottom left corner select "LAN" for "SESSION FILTER". This should allow you to only see the server you've created. Select the server you've created then at the bottom middle of page click join. Once you click join, another pop-up appears prompting you for the password created. Enter the "SERVER PASSWORD" you created and click "ACCEPT". Wait for your game to load and away you go. Your friend would have to go through the same process once the server is up and running. I hope this helps.
Thanks given by:
how we play in the same server again after we finish playing for today
Thanks given by:
(10-01-2017, 05:06 AM)yankster Wrote:
(10-01-2017, 03:03 AM)Hava Wrote: Hi,
I currently run Ark through a LAN. First you must have a router/modem. The router must have more than 1 connection, one for you and one for your friend.
Would you mind to elaborate about this point ? I didn't really get it ? What do you mean by it must have more than 1 connection ?

Hey there, 

there must be an Ethernet connection for you and another Ethernet connection for your friend on the router/modem. This will enable your friends computer to see your server plus you both need to be online to connect to your steam account. Please look at attached image below. You'll notice 4 available Ethernet connections on mine. You need 1 for you and 1 for your friend, so at least 2. Hope that makes sense.
Thanks given by:
(10-01-2017, 06:38 AM)Hava Wrote:
(10-01-2017, 05:06 AM)yankster Wrote:
(10-01-2017, 03:03 AM)Hava Wrote: Hi,
I currently run Ark through a LAN. First you must have a router/modem. The router must have more than 1 connection, one for you and one for your friend.
Would you mind to elaborate about this point ? I didn't really get it ? What do you mean by it must have more than 1 connection ?

Hey there, 

there must be an Ethernet connection for you and another Ethernet connection for your friend on the router/modem. This will enable your friends computer to see your server plus you both need to be online to connect to your steam account. Please look at attached image below. You'll notice 4 available Ethernet connections on mine. You need 1 for you and 1 for your friend, so at least 2. Hope that makes sense.

oh I understand, thank you very much for your explanation.
Thanks given by: