• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Issues installing more than 6 mods
When you download a mod using the installer it auto redirects you to a spacewar mod, but after the 6th mod installed it redirects you to a mod that no longer exists and even if you subscribe to a different one it still doesn't recognise the mod as subscribed and you are just stuck there with the window that tells you to subscribe to a mod, is there a work around this or a way to install the mods manually?

Thx in advance!
Thanks given by:
I tried unsubing from one of the mods to see if it could detect that I did so it would have one left in case it has a limited available, It didn't work.

Here is a link to a Youtube vid I found about manual installs. I haven't tried it yet, but I did download the material and scan it, its all ok.

Youtube Vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eK3hiwcfoHs
Mod Downloader: https://mega.nz/#!49YABA6S!4y19hNjF6ICju...EN-H_zl2pM
AppID Patch: https://mega.nz/#!0wAjBABA!ftotNKEDkMyAV...bPpGC1FOm8

Thank you to the hosts for allowing us to play these games with mods!!!
Thanks given by:
Sadly that metod doesnt work anymore I have been looking for a while and the only one that works atm is the Laucher
Thanks given by:
Has someone found an alternative yet? already tried the mod downloader and manually doing things, but no matter what i try, it just doesn't show in the game's mod list

Ps: sorry if i mispelled something, english isn't my first language
Thanks given by:
There has to be a list of mods that the installer uses to install auto... I've been looking for the list but I can't seem to find it. If we cav get a hold of that we can make additions to it and perhaps fix the error.
Thanks given by:
I am having the same problem as everyone else, I have 6 mods downloaded but can't seem to download any more mods. I thought I would try subscribing to the seventh mod I wanted and THEN let the manager do its thing (instead of having manager do all the work by clicking install).

The Result: After waiting over 8 hours for a 50MB file to download (I have a good connection and the other 6 mods are bigger and dowloaded with no problem)  it turns both the workshop mod column and downloaded/installed  column white and then it sits there and does nothing (it seems to have crashed). I seriously doubt the mod itself is the problem as I have tried to download other different mods as a 7th with no success (and the same result).

Note: When the above happens, you have no choice but to close the launcher/get out of it completely, a strange message pops up and says it is updating (even if you already are up to date)

I guess this has already been mentioned but when you try and delete a mod at the very bottom or middle of the list, it will delete the mod at the very top (even though it gives you a message to the contrary!)

Other: I can confirm Cacelys post as I have had those problems as well.
Other #2: Question: Has anyone tried to use this 3rd party command driven program to download Ark Mods and if so does it work? (haven't had time to test if)  https://github.com/barrycarey/Ark_Mod_Downloader
Thanks given by:
I tried using the ark mod downloader, what i did is i downloaded the ark mod of choice, subscribed to one spacewars mod, closed steam, deleted the respective spacewars mod folder content, and then pasted the ark mod content, but even though the launcher detects it and shows it in the mods list, the game itself can't detect the mod, and doesn't show the "Installing x mods", neither it shows the mod in the list in the "Host/Local" menu, one thing i noted is that even though the launcher detects the mod i installed, it doesn't detect it "properly", instead of showing it in this format in the list: "Ark Mod Name(Spacewars Mod Name)", it shows it like that: "Ark Mod Name()" (Empty parentheses, like it doesn't detect the spacewars mod i subscribed)
Thanks given by:
So the downloader actually managed to grab a mod from the steam workshop? To tell you the truth, I have scoured the net for an alternative and found nothing that works and am shocked that it actually did that much.  Its too bad that the game itself doesn't recognize that the mods you downloaded are availabe.  Hopefully someone here will look into it and maybe figure out a work around.  The best option of course would be if someone would update/fix the mod section in the launcher so  we don't have to fool with this thing at all (wishful thinking).

Question/Comment: The instructions over at that download site may have given the commands for usage, but no examples were given and was a little vague. Was there any special instructions on its useage?

Other: I am concerned that most of the mods (I use the word mods loosely) used to mask things in spacewar have been "monkeyed" with and no amount of work on the installer will be able to bring it past 6 Mods.
Thanks given by:
(10-09-2017, 08:24 AM)Inteck Wrote: So the downloader actually managed to grab a mod from the steam workshop? To tell you the truth, I have scoured the net for an alternative and found nothing that works and am shocked that it actually did that much.  Its too bad that the game itself doesn't recognize that the mods you downloaded are availabe.  Hopefully someone here will look into it and maybe figure out a work around.  The best option of course would be if someone would update/fix the mod section in the launcher so  we don't have to fool with this thing at all (wishful thinking).

Question/Comment: The instructions over at that download site may have given the commands for usage, but no examples were given and was a little vague. Was there any special instructions on its useage?

Other: I am concerned that most of the mods (I use the word mods loosely) used to mask things in spacewar have been "monkeyed" with and no amount of work on the installer will be able to bring it past 6 Mods.

I've used the "workshop downloader" snd it works fine. The problem is that when you copy the mods into the folder of a downloaded spacewar mod it presents the mod in the loader without a name "()". So we need to find the list of mods it uses to download and mask from. There has to be one, I'm not sure if its local or hosted on a server somewhere...

When we can edit that list of spacewar mods we can fix this issue...
Thanks given by:
Waiting for Kappa or someone find a way to deal with that issue. Losing mods when i try to fix myself, all mods now are show like this ( ) LOL.
Thanks given by: